The contraceptive implant is a small device inserted into the upper arm which releases Progestogen into the bloodstream. This has been shown to be more than 99% effective in preventing pregnancy for up to 3 years. A consultation with a Midland Health GP will help to answer any questions or talk through any concerns you may be having.
- Fertility should return to normal as soon as the implant is removed.
- The implant is a good option for women who have difficulty remembering to take the contraceptive pill or can’t tolerate oestrogen-based options.
- The implant is safe to use while you are breastfeeding.
- The implant can help to reduce heavy or painful periods.
- The implant does not protect against sexually transmitted infection, so you may still need to use condoms.
- A small procedure is necessary to have the implant fitted or removed.
- The implant may cause temporary side-effects in the first few months including headaches, nausea, breast tenderness and mood swings.
- The implant may cause periods to become irregular or stop altogether.
- Acne can sometimes become worse through the implant.
- Contraceptive Implant Insertion (includes implant) - £257
- Contraceptive Implant Removal - £175
Contact Midland Health
Would you like to hear more? Please submit any queries or feedback via our online form and a member of the team will respond within 24 hours.
Looking to book a consultation? Leave a telephone number and a Midland Health representative will get back to you with all the details you need to get the ball rolling! We’re excited for you to see the full range of services we have to offer.