When your child is sick, there can be no compromise on the quality of care you receive. At
When you need help getting your child’s diet right, Midland Health’s team of paediatric dietitians in Birmingham can provide complete, reliable children’s nutrition services, including assessment, diagnosis and treatment of nutritional problems in babies and children. Our experts are here to offer practical, scientific solutions to the problems you might be facing if you have a fussy eater at home or if you are worried about your child’s growth, diet or eating habits.
From dealing with growth concerns and digestive issues to offering nutritional support and switching to a plant-based diet, we regularly support parents in ensuring their children’s nutritional needs are met. We believe in providing quick access to excellent medical care to all families, so we can schedule an appointment with an expert in a private setting on short notice, without the need for long waiting lists or referrals.
How Our Children’s Nutrition Team Can Help
The paediatric dietitian at Midland Health Birmingham gives personalised, easy-to-follow advice on a wide range of nutritional problems, such as:
- Growth concerns: If your child is overweight, underweight or struggling with obesity, as well as when you have concerns about faltering growth
- Paediatric allergy: Includes diagnosis and management of food allergies and intolerances in children and babies, commonly to milk, eggs, fish, nuts, wheat and soy
- Nutritional deficiencies: Assessing what supplements your child might benefit from in their diet to ensure it meets their nutritional needs (e.g. iron-deficiency anaemia)
- Nutritional difficulties: In infants and children suffering from medical and developmental conditions
- Meat and dairy-free diets: Advice on ensuring a vegan or vegetarian diet offers your child the nutritional value they require to grow and develop well
- Complementary feeding (weaning) advice
- Digestive problems: Including persisting reflux, diarrhoea and constipation
We can also offer behavioural advice and support to ensure that your fussy eaters are feeding better during family mealtimes.
Your First Appointment
When you first come to our private clinic in Birmingham, you and your child will be seen by our children’s nutrition expert for an initial consultation. Depending on your child’s individual needs and complaints, our paediatric dietitian may take steps to assess various information about their diet, including your child’s:
- Growth history and development
- Nutritional intake and whether it’s adequate for them
- Feeding history and/or mealtimes habits (you may be asked to record a video of your little one at mealtime for a better understanding of their feeding behaviours)
- Additional diagnostic tests (blood tests, allergy tests) if needed
Your first appointment may take up to one hour. In that time, our diet experts will have the chance to get a good feel of your child’s diet and any potential feeding issues, so they can offer you advice and guidance on the next steps you need to take. We’ll also send you a letter summarising what happened during your appointment, so you can keep track of your child’s nutritional treatment and progress.
Our Children’s Nutrition Team
Our private paediatric dietetic service is led by Lucy Upton – a qualified Paediatric Dietitian and Feeding Therapist who has been specialising in infants’ and children’s nutrition since 2010. Lucy had gained over a decade of experience working within the NHS, before starting her private setting.
As an active member of the medical community, she is registered with the British Society for Allergy & Clinical Immunology (BSACI) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), as well as the British Dietetic Association, which she is also a media Spokesperson for. As a published contributor to professional children’s nutrition magazines, such as NHD magazine, Lucy is also a regular speaker at Nutrition and Health conferences across the UK and abroad.
With a passion for working with children, Lucy is constantly looking to improve her knowledge and gain more expertise to offer the best advice possible to families across the UK. In addition to her Master of Nutrition degree, she has also undergone further professional training including; four certified postgraduate training modules on Paediatric Nutrition & Dietetics, SOS approach to feeding and behaviour change training.
Why Choose Midland Health?
When it comes to your children’s health, proper nutrition can make a huge difference in your little one’s quality of life. Midland Health’s paediatric dietetic service provides reliable and comprehensive advice on your child’s diet in a relaxing and comfortable environment where you and your family can enjoy the excellent care you deserve. We provide a great-value private service offering:
- Nutritional advice for children and infants
- No referrals needed
- Immediate access to children’s nutrition expertise
- Appointments available on short notice
- State-of-the-art private children’s dietician clinic in Edgbaston Village
- Dedicated customer service team
– Consultation with Paediatric Dietitians Lucy Upton – £185
– Follow up Consultation with Paediatric Dietitians Lucy Upton – £100
– Follow up Video Consultation with Paediatric Dietitians Lucy Upton – £100
– Telephone Consultation with Paediatric Dietitians Lucy Upton – £45
If you would like to discuss your children’s nutrition with an experienced private paediatric dietician at Midland Healths’ private Birmingham-based clinic, click on the button below or speak to our team for more information on 0121 769 0999.
Book Your Appointment Today
Our innovative, personalised Private GP Service is only a click away. We’re here for you and your whole family with our easy pay-as-you-go-service
Book Your Appointment Now
Contact Midland Health
Would you like to hear more? Please submit any queries or feedback via our online form and a member of the team will respond within 24 hours.
Looking to book a consultation? Leave a telephone number and a Midland Health representative will get back to you with all the details you need to get the ball rolling! We’re excited for you to see the full range of services we have to offer.