Chlamydia is the most frequently diagnosed sexually transmitted infection in the UK and is common for men and women. Often without symptoms, Chlamydia can lead to complications such as Inflammatory Pelvic Disease in women, and infection of the prostate gland in men, both of which cause infertility if left untreated.
Common symptoms include;
- Pain during sex
- Unusual discharge from your vagina (cloudy or be a yellow colour)
- Bleeding in between periods or after sex
- Pain in the lower part of your abdomen or pelvis
- Pain when you wee
- A milky discharge from your penis
- Pain when you wee
- Swollen testicles
Even without these symptoms, if you have had unprotected sex it may be wise to get tested for chlamydia. Testing can be done via urine, or through a swab of the vagina/ inside the neck of the penis. Samples will be sent to the laboratory and results usually returned within 2 days. We can also offer instant tests at Midland Health so that you don’t have to wait too long for a result. With Midland Health, you choose the method of communication, and we will make sure your results are passed to you discretely. If a test is positive, you may be asked to make a further appointment. Chlamydia is easily treated via a course of antibiotics.
- Chamydia Urine Test - £62
- Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea Urine & HIV/Syphilis Blood Test - £110
- Full STI Screen HIV/Syphilis/Hepatitis/Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea/Herpes/Gardneralla/Ureaplasma/Mycoplasma/Trichomonas - £315
- Standard GP Consultation (30 min) - £120
- Express GP Consultation (15 min) - £60
Contact Midland Health
Would you like to hear more? Please submit any queries or feedback via our online form and a member of the team will respond within 24 hours.
Looking to book a consultation? Leave a telephone number and a Midland Health representative will get back to you with all the details you need to get the ball rolling! We’re excited for you to see the full range of services we have to offer.