Trichomonas is a sexually transmitted infection caused by the parasite, Trichomonas vaginalis (TV). Symptoms often develop within a month of infection, but many people don’t experience any symptoms at all.
Symptoms may include –
- Vaginal discharge which is thick, frothy and yellow/ green in colour
- Producing more discharge than normal, perhaps with a strong fishy smell
- Soreness and inflammation around the vagina; possible resulting in itching
- Pain or discomfort passing urine or during sex
- Pain during urination or ejaculation
- Needing to wee more frequently than usual
- Soreness and swelling around the head of the penis
- Discharge from the penis
Testing for trichomonas involves an examination and swab taken from the genital area or a urine sample. If you have any further questions about trichomonas, please do not hesitate to contact your Midland Health GP for a sexual health consultation.
- Candida/Gardnerella/Trichomonas Swab Test - £134
- 7 STI screen Urine Test (Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea/Mycoplasma/Ureaplasma/Trichomonas/Garderella/Herpes 1&2 - £280
- Full STI Screen HIV/Syphilis/Hepatitis/Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea/Herpes/Gardneralla/Ureaplasma/Mycoplasma/Trichomonas - £364.5
- Standard GP Consultation (30 min) - £120
- Express GP Consultation (15 min) - £60
Book Your Appointment Today
Our innovative, personalised Private GP Service is only a click away. We’re here for you and your whole family with our easy pay-as-you-go-service
Book Your Appointment Now
Contact Midland Health
Would you like to hear more? Please submit any queries or feedback via our online form and a member of the team will respond within 24 hours.
Looking to book a consultation? Leave a telephone number and a Midland Health representative will get back to you with all the details you need to get the ball rolling! We’re excited for you to see the full range of services we have to offer.