The menopause usually occurs for women between the ages of 45 – 55 and is characterised by a gradual decrease of the hormone, oestrogen. It is a natural part of the aging process, leading to the cessation of a woman’s menstruation and ability to get pregnant. Early symptoms can include; poor sleep, vaginal dryness, lack of libido, hot flushes, irregular periods, mood changes and weight gain (caused by a slowing of the metabolism).
If you think you may be experiencing symptoms of the menopause, it may be helpful to book in for a check-up with a Midland Health GP. Testing may include;
- Blood tests to diagnose perimenopause/menopause
- Arrange other tests such as ultrasound scan and bone density scans
- Prescribing HRT
- Prescribing medication to prevent the further thinning and weakening of bones (osteoporosis)
- Discussing lifestyle measures to help you get through the menopause.
- Medical history and lifestyle assessment
- Height, weight and BMI check
- Urine analysis, diabetes risk, anaemia risk and cardiovascular disease risk
- Thorough blood analysis to look at thyroid risk
- Detailed look at liver disease risk, kidney disease risk and cholesterol risk
Your friendly Midland Health GP will help to plan your way through the menopause, offering tailored advice and guidance for reducing uncomfortable symptoms and maintaining overall health and wellbeing.
It’s also an opportunity for you discuss anything that may be worrying or concerning you. Our Midland Health GPs are great listeners and can offer you the right medical advice and help you live life better.
- Female Menopause Health Check - £450
Contact Midland Health
Would you like to hear more? Please submit any queries or feedback via our online form and a member of the team will respond within 24 hours.
Looking to book a consultation? Leave a telephone number and a Midland Health representative will get back to you with all the details you need to get the ball rolling! We’re excited for you to see the full range of services we have to offer.