Women who fall into certain high-risk groups are at higher risk of developing gestational diabetes during pregnancy. Risk factors include;
- A family history of diabetes
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) over 30
- Delivering a larger than average weight baby
- Had gestational diabetes in a previous pregnancy
If you have any concerns about risk of diabetes, a Midland Health GP can advise whether testing is appropriate. A glucose tolerance test is usually performed at 26-28 weeks of pregnancy for those in high-risk groups.
- Glucose Tolerance Test - £125*
- Diabetic Blood and Urine Test Profile - £97
- Standard GP Consultation (30 min) - £120
Contact Midland Health
Would you like to hear more? Please submit any queries or feedback via our online form and a member of the team will respond within 24 hours.
Looking to book a consultation? Leave a telephone number and a Midland Health representative will get back to you with all the details you need to get the ball rolling! We’re excited for you to see the full range of services we have to offer.