When your child is sick, there can be no compromise on the quality of care you receive. At Midland Health you get access to the best paediatric care possible without the need for referrals or long waiting times. Your child can be examined by our experienced private paediatrician in our state-of-the-art clinic in Birmingham as soon as within 24 hours of you getting in touch with us.
We offer paediatrics services to treat numerous conditions, ranging from bedwetting and baby reflux to asthma, heart murmur, fainting and various infections. Our trusted paediatric experts take the time to carefully examine each case and oversee the improvement of your child’s health. With our patient-centred approach, you will have all the support you and your family need.
Get the expert paediatric care your child deserves
Our lead consultant paediatrician, Dr Mary Salama is an experienced paediatrician and a well-respected member of the children’s health specialists at Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust. Having worked with children since 2001 and been a consultant since 2013, Dr Salama is an experienced professional who is known for her kind, caring and compassionate approach to every young patient.
She has an interest in quality improvement and has won a highly commended award from the Health Service Journal in 2021 for work on paediatric early warning scores. She has published articles on this and other quality improvement work around children with complex medical needs. She was delighted to have won the Birmingham Children’s Hospital Star of the year in 2020 for compassionate care. She is a mother of 3 children and enjoys running and reading to unwind.
Her expertise covers a wide range of conditions that affect children, including but not limited to:
- Urinary incontinence (Enuresiс): Also known as bedwetting, this condition affects children over four who are struggling to control their bladder.
- Constipation & Diarrhoea: Prolonged diarrhoea or constipation in children is common. Expert advice and further management options can provide reassurance.
- Reflux: Reflux in babies is a frequent occurrence but if it is severe enough to prevent your baby from gaining weight it needs to be assessed by a professional.
- Weight Problems: There are many factors that can cause abnormal weight gain in children; Dr Salama can help you identify some of these and look at measures you can take to support your child
- Urine Infections: Caused by bacterial infection a urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common childhood complaint that may benefit from the investigation.
- Repeated Infections: Repeated infections in young children can be worrying for parents. A professional opinion can alleviate this concern and identify rare causes related to immunodeficiency.
- Fits, faints and funny turns: If your child has experienced sudden fainting and/or seizures, our consultant paediatrician can investigate the symptoms and provide the appropriate treatment
- Heart Murmurs: Abnormal blood flow through the heart can cause whooshing, rasping or humming sounds between heartbeats. This can sometimes be as a result of a structural problem in the heart.
- Asthma: Asthma in children can cause sudden breathing difficulties and interfere with your child’s normal daily activities such as playing and practising sports
What to expect from your first consultation
When you first come to see Dr Salama, you will discuss your child’s symptoms and medical history. This is usually followed by a medical check-up that may include things such as measuring your child’s height, weight, blood pressure and listening to their heartbeat.
Once the general health check-up is done, your paediatrician will discuss their thoughts with you and recommend follow-up actions that may include additional tests and/or immediate treatment. The whole process takes about 20-30 minutes.
You can book your private paediatric consultation at Midland Health on short notice, with same-day and next-day appointments offered based on the expert’s availability.
Why choose Midland Health
Dealing with health problems in children can be quite stressful and upsetting for you and your family. Midland Health provides a safe and comfortable environment where you and your child are treated with care and attention by a team of experienced medical professionals. We achieve that by offering:
- Immediate access to an expert paediatrician in Birmingham
- No referrals needed
- No waiting list
- Consultations available on short notice
- Modern, state-of-the-art clinic in Edgebaston Village
- Outstanding customer service
If you would like to schedule an appointment with an experienced private paediatrician at our Birmingham clinic, give us a call on 0121 769 0999 or through the form below.
New Paediatric Consultant Appointment – £250
Follow Up Paediatric Consultant Appointment – £180
When does my child need to see a paediatrician?
Paediatricians are trained to diagnose and treat a range of conditions in children, from tummy problems (constipation, diarrhoea, etc) to faints, fits, repeat infections and asthma.
Do I have to have a referral from my GP to get an appointment?
No, you don’t need a referral to see our Birmingham-based paediatrician. Simply, get in touch with the Midland Health team and book an appointment. There is no waiting list and we can offer appointments on short notice.
If I have been seen by your private paediatrician, can I go back to the NHS to continue my child’s treatment?
Yes, you can opt to continue your treatment using the NHS system if you wish. We are happy to consult and offer medical advice at any stage.
Where is the Midland Health clinic located?
Midland Health’s brand new state-of-the-art clinic is located in Edgebaston Village, at the heart of Birmingham. We are perfectly positioned to services anyone who lives in the Midlands and needs a paediatrician near them.
Book Your Appointment Today
Our innovative, personalised Private GP Service is only a click away. We’re here for you and your whole family with our easy pay-as-you-go-service
Book Your Appointment Now
Contact Midland Health
Would you like to hear more? Please submit any queries or feedback via our online form and a member of the team will respond within 24 hours.
Looking to book a consultation? Leave a telephone number and a Midland Health representative will get back to you with all the details you need to get the ball rolling! We’re excited for you to see the full range of services we have to offer.