The depot contraceptive injection releases progesterone into the bloodstream to prevent pregnancy. It can be 99% effective up to 13 weeks. With Midland Health, you can book regular appointments to have your depo contraceptive injection with the same GP every time.
- The contraceptive injection is a good option for anyone who can’t tolerate oestrogen-based methods.
- The injection is safe to use whilst breast-feeding and it doesn’t interact with any other medicines.
- The injection is good for women who have difficulty remembering to take the pill on a daily basis.
- Heavy, painful periods may be reduced as well as some symptoms of PMS.
- Periods may become shorter and stop all together whilst taking the injection.
- The contraceptive injection does not protect against sexually transmitted infections, so you may still need to use condoms.
- There may be a delay of up to 1 year for your periods to return to normal and to get pregnant once stopping the injections.
- Some people experience side effects such as weight gain, mood swings, acne and decreased sex drive.
- Depot Contraceptive Injection - £40*
- Standard GP Consultation (30 min) - £120
- Express GP Consultation (15 min) - £60
Book Your Appointment Today
Our innovative, personalised Private GP Service is only a click away. We’re here for you and your whole family with our easy pay-as-you-go-service
Book Your Appointment Now
Contact Midland Health
Would you like to hear more? Please submit any queries or feedback via our online form and a member of the team will respond within 24 hours.
Looking to book a consultation? Leave a telephone number and a Midland Health representative will get back to you with all the details you need to get the ball rolling! We’re excited for you to see the full range of services we have to offer.