Also known as andropause, the ‘male menopause’ is a chronically underdiagnosed syndrome. It is characterised by abnormally low testosterone levels in men as they age, and can lead to obesity, Type 2 diabetes, depression and anxiety.
If you think you may be experiencing symptoms of male menopause, don’t suffer in silence. Our experienced GP’s will take a full health history and lifestyle assessment to determine why you are feeling uncomfortable. This may include a series of tests to make a full diagnosis. With Midland Health, you will be provided with useful lifestyle guidance and support to improve your overall health and wellbeing as well as treatment for your symptoms.
Your health check-up will include:
- Blood pressure and pulse checks
- Medical history and lifestyle assessment
- Height, weight and BMI check
- Urine analysis, diabetes risk, anaemia risk and cardiovascular disease risk
- Thorough blood analysis to look at thyroid risk
- Detailed look at liver disease risk, kidney disease risk and cholesterol risk
- PSA blood test
- Male hormone tests
- Checking for early signs of the male menopause
- Advice for regularly checking your testicles for testicular cancer and signs of prostate cancer
It’s also an opportunity for you discuss anything that may be worrying or concerning you. Our Midland Health GPs are great listeners and can offer you the right medical advice and help you live life better.
- Male Menpause Health Check - £500
Contact Midland Health
Would you like to hear more? Please submit any queries or feedback via our online form and a member of the team will respond within 24 hours.
Looking to book a consultation? Leave a telephone number and a Midland Health representative will get back to you with all the details you need to get the ball rolling! We’re excited for you to see the full range of services we have to offer.