Ovarian cancer is the 6th most common cause of cancer for women and cannot be screened for via a regular smear test. Midland Health offers CA125 (Cancer Antigen 125), HE4 (Human epididymis protein 4) and ROMA diagnostic tests, as well as ultrasound scanning to explore potential cancer risk. If you fall into a high-risk group e.g. have a family history of ovarian or breast cancer, it may be helpful to book a consultation with a Midland Health GP.
A CA125 and HE4 assessment will test for the presence of certain proteins in the blood which may be a sign of cancer. Elevated levels of the CA125 and HE4 proteins are also found for endometritis, however, so may require a further ultrasound to explore further. We are also able to offer cervical smear screening if you are not up to date or would like another private screen.
Your health check-up will include:
- Blood pressure and pulse checks
- Medical history and lifestyle assessment
- Height, weight and BMI check
- Urine analysis, diabetes risk, anaemia risk and cardiovascular disease risk
- Thorough blood analysis to look at thyroid risk
- Detailed look at liver disease risk, kidney disease risk and cholesterol risk
- A CA125 and HE4
- Ultrasound scan of the Pelvis
- Checking for early signs of the menopause
- Advice for regularly checking your breasts for signs of breast cancer
Results will be sent to the laboratory and returned to you within 5 days. Your friendly Midland Health GP will talk you through potential risk as well as lifestyle factors to prevent or manage cancer risk in the future.
It’s also an opportunity for you discuss anything that may be worrying or concerning you. Our Midland Health GPs are great listeners and can offer you the right medical advice and help you live life better.
- Ovarian Cancer Health Check - £500
Contact Midland Health
Would you like to hear more? Please submit any queries or feedback via our online form and a member of the team will respond within 24 hours.
Looking to book a consultation? Leave a telephone number and a Midland Health representative will get back to you with all the details you need to get the ball rolling! We’re excited for you to see the full range of services we have to offer.